Congratulations! The review team has looked at your application and we are stoked to let you know that have been accepted to be on this year's Stranded team. We officially have a space reserved with your name on it! However, this reservation can only be held for two weeks. In order to secure your reservation please send in your nonrefundable deposit of $100 and the online release forms below. The remaining costs of $375 ($295 if you applied before January 1st) for the program is due by May 1st, 2018.
We pray that this event will not only equip you to engage dark places but that it will also be a life-defining experience that helps you discern your purpose. Some that have dared to take Stranded on before you, are now bringing the hope of Christ to some very dark corners of the world. Perhaps, God will awaken a call in your heart to join them.
Please keep your eyes on strandme.com for FAQs and details regarding Stranded. If you are no longer wanting to participate in STRANDED then please promptly send us a line on the contact page so we can reserve a space for a different participant. Caleb, the leadership team, and some of the former Stranded graduates look forward to meeting you soon!
You got what it takes!
Unusual Soldiers Coalition
Every mission trip has grunt work, including this one. If you would like to begin the "grunt work" listed below, then click NEXT. Otherwise, please bookmark this link so you can return to it: www.unusualsoldiers.com/welcometostranded.
- Sign the Release form (page 2)
- Sign the Medical Care Permission Form (page 3)
- Send in a photo of your Medical Insurance Provider (page 4)
- Send in a nonrefundable $100 deposit within one week (page 5)
In consideration of my acceptance as a participant on this equipping program called STRANDED sponsored by Unusual Soldiers and Forge of Denver, Colorado represent and agree that:
1. I am a participant and not an employee of Forge or Unusual Soldiers.
2. I am aware of the potential hazards and risks to my person and property associated with Stranded and mission trips, such as hazards and risks including, but not being limited to injury, illness, dismemberment, or death by accident, disease, war, terrorist acts, weather conditions, inadequate medical services and supplies, criminal activity, and random acts of violence. I accept my assignment with full awareness of these risks subject to any insurance that may be available to me from any source. With respect to Forge and its agents, officers, volunteers, directors, and employees from any liability that I may suffer as a result of participation in this equipping program or mission trip. I further recognize that such risks have always been associated with missionary service.
3. I fully recognize that there are dangers and risks to which I may be exposed by participating in Forge and Unusual Soldiers Equipping Programs. Unusual Soldiers uses adventure as a primary source for its equipping events, therefore some of the risks may include but are not limited to: natural disasters, outdoor survival, kayaking, skydiving, rock climbing, rappelling, mountain biking, motorcycle or ATV riding/driving, scrambling, and the like . As the undersigned Releasor, I understand that Forge and Unusual Soldiers does not require me to participate in this Activity, but I want to do so despite the possible dangers and risks With informed consent, and for valuable consideration received, including assistance provided by Forge and Unusual Soldiers, as the undersigned Releasor, I agree to assume and take on myself all of the risks and responsibilities in any way arising from or associated with this Activity, and I release Forge and Unusual Soldiers and all of its affiliates, divisions, departments and other units, committees and groups, and their respective governing boards, officers, directors, principals, trustees, legal representatives, members, owners, employees, student volunteers, agents, administrators, assigns, and contractors (collectively “Releasees”), from any and all claims, demands, suits, judgments, damages, actions and liabilities of every name and nature whatsoever, whenever occurring, whether known or unknown, contingent or fixed, at law or in equity, that I may suffer at any time arising from or in connection with the Activity, including any injury or harm to me, my death, or damage to my property (collectively “Liabilities”), and I agree to defend, indemnify, and save Releasees harmless from and against any and all Liabilities.
4. I attest and certify that I have no medical condition(s) that would prevent me from performing my duties.
5. I expressly waive any defense to the enforcement of any provision of this commitment arising from a claim of lack of consideration and warrant that this commitment constitutes a legal, valid, and binding obligation upon me enforceable against me in accordance with its terms.
6. I am aware of the hazards and risks to my person associated with participation in an unusual soldiers equipping event or trip, as described above. I further understand that Forge/UNUSUAL SOLDIERS does not have any insurance coverage that would apply in the event of my illness, injury, dismemberment, or death, or damage to my property that may occur during my participation on the trip, and that if I desire insurance coverage I am responsible for the costs and arrangements for such insurance.
7. I expressly agree that this assumption of risk agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law. I further state that I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THROUGH THE FOREGOING ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS, AND I VOLUNTARILY SIGN THIS RELASE AS MY OWN FREE ACT. THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT AND I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY BEFORE SIGNING IT.
I have read and fully understand the entire Release and acknowledge that I have had the opportunity to review this Release with an attorney of my choosing if I so desire. I agree to be legally bound by the Release.
LIABILITY AND PERMISSION RELEASE FORM REGARDING MEDICAL CARE
THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND AN AUTHORIZATION REGARDING MEDICAL CARE. BY SIGNING BELOW, I AM AGREEING TO RELEASE THE MINISTRY FORGE AND UNUSUAL SOLDIERS AND OTHER PARTIES FROM LIABILITY. I AM ALSO GRANTING PERMISSION TO FORGE AND UNUSUAL SOLDIERS TO SEEK AND OBTAIN MEDICAL CARE IN THE EVENT OF MY ILLNESS OR INJURY. I HAVE THEREFORE BEEN ADVISED TO READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY.
I acknowledge that I have freely and voluntarily chosen to participate in a equipping program operated by Forge and Unusual Soldiers. It is my understanding that participation in this program is a privilege. In consideration for the privilege of participating in this program, I am signing this Release of Liability and Permission Regarding Medical Care form (“Release”). I acknowledge that my participation in this Forge and Unusual Soldiers sponsored Equipping Program may involve certain risks of physical or mental injury, illness, death, or lost or damage to my property, including risks of which I may not presently be aware and I hereby agree to assume such risks.
2. Release and Indemnification
I hereby agree to release and hold harmless Forge and UNUSUAL SOLDIERS INC members of its board of directors, and its officers, employees, members, volunteers and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from, and to discharge and waive, any and all claims, demands, losses, damages and liabilities with respect to any and all property damage, personal injury, and/or death arising from my participation in Forge and Unusual Soldiers, Inc. sponsored Equipping Program. The foregoing sentence shall apply (without limitation) to all claims, demands, losses, damages and liabilities described therein, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, future or contingent, except claims, demands, losses, damages and liabilities arising out of the sole and exclusive gross negligence or willful and wanton misconduct of one or more of the Released Parties. I further covenant not to sue any of the Released Parties in connection with any of the claims, demands, losses, damages or liabilities described above.
I further agree to indemnify, save and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands, losses, damages and liabilities for indemnities, contribution or otherwise, as may be asserted by a third party (defined as an party other than the Released Parties or me), with respect to any and all property damage, personal injury and/or death arising from the attributable to my participation in a Forge and Unusual Soldiers sponsored Equipping Program, except to the extent such property damage, personal injury and/or death is attributable to the action or inaction of one or more of the Released Parties or a third party.
3. Authorization or Medical Care
I understand and acknowledge that Forge and Unusual Soldiers does not provide health or travel insurance for me. I agree that it is necessary for me to maintain insurance. I herby certify that I am covered by a personal or group insurance plan, the policy name and number of which I have listed below, for hospitalization and medical expenses.
In case I am in need of any necessary medical or surgical treatment to protect my health and welfare while participating in a Forge and Unusual Soldiers sponsored Equipping Program, I authorize and agree to allow any authorized agent or employee of Forge and Unusual Soldiers to consent to and authorize the administering of any such necessary medical and/or surgical treatment. I acknowledge and agree that the release of liability, hold harmless and indemnification provisions set forth in Section 2 above shall apply to any authorization and consent to medical or surgical treatment on my behalf made by Forge and Unusual Soldiers or its authorized agents or employees. I further agree to be personally responsible for all costs of medical treatment and services, including emergency services, as may be authorized by an authorized agent or employees of Forge and Unusual Soldiers.
In the event any provision of this Release is determined to be invalid for any reason, such invalidity shall not affect the validity of any of the other provisions, which other provisions shall remain in full force and effect as if this Release had been executed with the invalid provision eliminated. I understand and agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted under applicable law.
Proof of Medical Insurance
Believe it or not, sometimes accidents happen at Stranded and you don't want to be the student that shows up without any insurance. If you don't have health insurance then please look for a provider that will insure you during the week of Stranded and bring your medical card with you.
Please take a photo of your health insurance card and upload it here.
In order to solidify your spot on the Stranded team you will need to send in your nonrefundable deposit of $100. If you would like to send it online please go to the Stranded donor page on the Forge website by clicking here. Once you have completed sending in your deposit on the donor page then please return to this page and select that you submitted it online.
If you would rather send a check in the mail then please make checks payable to FORGE and send them to this address:
804 18th Ave
Franklin, Ne 68939
- Have you sent in your $100 deposit for Stranded
- Yes, I sent in the entire amount of $475 online.
- No, I will be sending a check in the mail.